The ketogenic diet, popularly known as the keto diet, is a low carbohydrate meal plan where the major sources of calories are fats and proteins. Sometimes, a keto meal plan is compared to the Atkins diet, though a keto diet is different in many ways.
What is a Keto Diet?
Adopting a keto diet means cutting back on carbs and replacing them with fat. When you follow a keto plan, your body goes into ketosis—a metabolic state that enables the body to generate energy by burning fat.
The energy created by carbohydrates helps in brain activity. In ketosis, the body uses ketones as an energy source for the brain.
What are the various types of keto diets?
All the keto diet meals consist of fat and protein as major energy sources. A keto diet, on the other hand, may contain some carbohydrates. While ordering a keto lunch, you can consider its different versions:
- Standard Keto Diet: Also known as the SKD, it is a fat-based meal plan. The diet contains 75% fat, 5% carbs, and 20% protein.
- Targeted Ketogenic Diet: The TKD is a meal plan that you should opt for when you require extra carbs for your workout sessions.
- High-protein Keto Diet: As the name suggests, it is a ketogenic diet plan that contains a high amount of protein.
- Cyclical Keto Diet: It is a weekly diet plan that is a combination of five days of ketosis and two days of increased carbohydrates.
Who Should Follow a Keto Diet?
A keto diet plan is effective when your health goals are associated with weight loss. In the absence of carbs in your diet, the body uses fat to generate energy. This results in lost weight.
Apart from that, a keto diet is useful in the following cases:
- You have a sedentary lifestyle and don’t require many carbs
- You want to shrink your waist
- You want to increase HDL cholesterol in your body
How to Order Keto Diet Meals
There are different versions of a keto diet, and you should choose one that suits your health goals. When you don’t know how to prepare a delicious keto diet that helps you remain on your ketosis objective, you should opt for a keto meal delivery plan.
Before you start your diet plan, figure out what amounts of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates you require. Apart from that, define your health goals with a meal delivery service provider.
A keto meal provider tailors calories, ingredients, and your meal size to personalise a keto meal for your requirements. In addition, if you want special dietary requirements in your keto meal plan, then share them with your delivery provider.
In the end,
A keto diet meal delivery plan helps you stay in ketosis and achieve your health objectives. Also, you don’t need to learn keto recipes to prepare delicious, healthy meals. Check out the fresh, hand-cooked, and restaurant-quality keto dishes at A LIFE PLUS (A+)!